Thursday, March 20, 2008

Am I turning into my Mother?

Here is a conversation that I had with my oldest son tonight. He took some gum from my purse and when I asked who had the gum he didn't reply, and the girls told me they didn't have any. Later he finally confessed he has taken the gum...
Parker: Ok, Mom I do have gum
Me: Yes Parker, I know
Parker: How did you know?
Me: Because I know everything
Parker: no you don't
Me: Yes I do
Parker: No Mommy no one knows everything
Me: I do
Parker: there is only one person who knows everything
Me: who's that?
Parker: God
Me: Well, who do you think made Mommy?
Parker: God.
Me: well then don't you think if he knows everything and he made me that I know everything
Parker: no, you only know some things
Me: nope I know everything like when you take gum and don't tell me... I always know...
Parker: Oh....(silence)...well you still don't know everything.
Me: Yes I do and someday when you get older you'll know that I know everything!
Yes, folks this is when I could hear it loud and clear... MY MOTHER... she jumped into my body and her words came right out of my mouth...

1 comment:

Greg said...

I am a New York Times bestselling author working on a new book about mother-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute. Please visit my page for details about submitting stories for Mom's Little Angel.

Gregory E. Lang
Author of “Daddy’s Little Girl,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Dad,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Mom” and more.