Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Evil Empire Strikes Again...

I am truly surprised that as much time as I spend at Wal-Mart I haven't had more trips to write about, that said I am sure there will be more to come. Today I took the kids shopping and since Parker had a half day I took ALL the kids shopping. It must have been "old persons day" today out in the Dunlap area ( I say this with the kindest of hearts I know someday I will be old too), but every person over 60 was out and today not unlike other days every one of them said something to me... "you've got your hands full (my personal favorite)", "are they all yours?", "wow, thats a load", I even got a new one today "are your girls twins?"and so on and so on. So besides that I went to Target to look for more of a selection of shower curtains then Wal-Mart they had nothing that excited me so I went to Wal-Mart for some storage solutions to the toys that are breeding in our home. They have what I want at the Wal-Mart 4 min from my house, but since I was on the other side of town and driving back to my side of town was sure to put the kids to sleep I thought I'd stop at the one I was near. Well after 20 minutes of holding what seemed to be the pee of the century and searching for what should have been easily found, we went to the restroom, oh yes, me the cart and 4 kids in the restroom, and then began the search again. The kids were getting cranky so I thought lets go look at some fun Christmas decor that really shouldn't be out on Oct. 23rd. We found a Santa that my MIL was telling us about, you know the kind that sings, well this one shakes its booty and sings "I like to move it, move it". Of course when you have a two year old they always pick up on the last couple of words so as my two year old is singing "move it, move it" we run into an older gentlemen who first very obviously counts my "load" and the gives me a look like "nice manners you teach your children". Shortly after this my 4yo screams "I HAVE A TATTOO, and you don't!". By now I am sure they have called child services at that Wal-mart on me so I won't be going back (with kids) anytime too soon. Well, I must get off the computer and back to my motherly duties my baby has found the cat's water bowl... oh joy!

1 comment:

Kellan said...

Cute story - I loved the tatoo part. See yoa.