Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The other side of the waiting room

As I sit lay here in the waiting room watching the surgery progression scroll by on the screen... I can't even think clearly. I thought hey, this is a good time to post on the blog... now I think hey what the heck can I write about as they are most likely making their first incisions on my husband. I don't know how he was so strong in waiting "here" for me 8 weeks ago almost to the day. How calm and level headed he was, when I couldn't even hold it together as they wheeled me down for surgery. He was in good spirits right before, and completely passed out on the way down, just mumbling a "thanks you guys" as they wheeled him away. My stomach is making so much noise I have already checked a couple of times to see if its actually my cell phone, that is laying on me, vibrating.

In all honestly I hate the idea of surgery because you just never know, but I am very glad that Nate is getting it, and hope that it helps him a great deal with the pain and suffering he has been dealt with this disease. I hope that it goes as expected and he can recovery quickly.

So as I sit her with my family and my husband's wedding ring attached to my pink bracelet I will try to be strong, if only as half as strong as he has been for me.

4 comments:

Jenn Mast said...

Oh Heather!! I had no idea of the LONG Journey you both have had this year!! I'm praying, praying, praying, for you BOTH! You are both So Strong! Remember God IS WITH YOU ALWAYS, EVEN WHEN WE ARE ASKING "why"?! Please, Please, let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for you and your family!!! I'm praying for a fast and strong recovery for both of you! I love you guys, stay strong and just believe there is a reason.......It is so hard to trust when we can't see the reason.
Love ya and God Bless you Both,

Jenn Mast

Carrie said...

Love you both so very much. I can't think of two people more perfect for eachother right now. I'm glad you have one another to lean on and love. Hang tough, stronger than you think or feel.

The Zagorski's said...

Thinking of you both and hoping all went well. Please keep blogging!

Love you!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Very good, for not thinking clearly, Dear. One can only imagine how either of you felt, and feel. But to hear how you are feeling now, thank you for sharing. Much of my heart's strength is with you, I know. I can feel it. This is good, but I need to remember it, for my family's sake. Thank you for the songs posted here, and the tears they released from many and me, for you.