Thursday, August 4, 2011

No pain, no gain

Today started off with lots of pain, and ended the same. Thankful I had two of my best friends to keep me company and keep my mind off of it for the better part of the day. Its amazing what friends can do to your day. Once the chaos had been settled with the 8 kids in the house they both came upstairs and laid in my bed to have a little tear shed with me. I haven't seen them since before my surgery so it was an emotional greeting to say the least. We were able to talk the day away, literally until their kids were more than ready to head home. It makes me remember something I learned when I was around 8 or 9 that I think has been one of the only lessons I took from my brownie troop at that time, and I've posted before, but a song about friendship the lyrics are:
Make new friends, but keep the old
One is silver and the other gold.

These two particular friends have both come into my life at different times, and when I think about that song I think yeah silver and gold are worth different things, but in regards to my friends silver and gold are both shiny and worth so much more when held on to, in my eyes priceless. So even though there was pain today there was time for friends, and reflection, laughter and encouragement. And now, is time for sleep. Thank you friends for your love and support. Its worth more than you know. I love you!

3 comments:

Trisha Martin said...

wow girl! You are amazing! Just having the courage to share with all of us is strong! Brave is what you are doing every minute of every day. Not just now, in the light of things, but what you have always done (especially with 4 kids - have to admit sometimes that could confuse brave with Crazy:)) Hope laughing doesn't hurt. Each appt, more news, next step, next treatment, you can do it all one day at a time. Love you!
Trisha

Carrie said...

Oh sweetie, I love you! I don't think I will ever forget yesterday. We walked in and thought you were sleeping and you barely moved but it was enough to let us know you were sort of awake. Kicked off my shoes and climbed right in with you, Dana to follow. The crumbling of all of our faces for those tears will always be something I remember. It's a bond, crying with your best friend and a new friend over something so unfair. You will never know how absolutely wonderful and terrifying it was on our end to finally see you, to finally get to you and hug you and cry with you. We truly all needed that. I'm glad yesterday worked out the way it did. Stronger than you think and feel girl...keep fighting.

everingham5 said...

Keep healing! Make sure you get up & move or you'll be weaker in the long run. Do your exercises- hopefully they gave you some. It will help with healing & keep your shoulder range of motion & not feel soo tight across your chest. If you still have the drains just go gently with the movement. Continuing to keep you in prayer. Our love sent to you!